The Food Bank for Westchester relies on the generous support of a large network of volunteers and contributors of foods and funds. There are several ways an individual can help us with our goal to end hunger in Westchester County:
- By mail or phone: Print out and complete our Donation Form and mail it to us with your check or credit card information.
- Through financial planning/planned giving.
- Volunteers work in our warehouse and offices and at our events. Volunteers also serve on our board of directors. For details about volunteering in the Food Bank warehouse, click on Volunteer Opportunities under Donate Time at left.
- Hold a Food Drive -- see the links in the menu panel at left for information.
Check the list of Most-Needed Food Items -- this can be printed out and distributed.
DROPPING OFF FOOD: You can drop off food to our warehouse at 200 Clearbrook Road, Elmsford, NY 10523 -- (914) 923-1100 -- any time the warehouse is open -- Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 3:00 pm excepting holidays (see dats below) and the last business day of the month (inventory) -- but after 10:00 am is preferable because the warehouse staff is very busy first thing every morning preparing food for deliveries.
NOTE: The warehouse is closed the last day of every month for inventory and on certain holidays.
2013 HOLIDAYS - The Food Bank will be CLOSED on these holidays:
- Monday, February 18 for President's Day.
- Monday, May 27 for Memorial Dy
- Thursday & Friday, July 4th & July 5th for Independence Day
- Monday, September 2 for Labor Day
- Thursday & Friday, November 21 & November 22 for Thanksgiving
- Tuesday & Wednesday, December 24 and December 25 for Christmas
Please do not leave food outside our warehouse! The weather and animals can cause damage to such foods as cereals and grains; excessive heat, extreme cold, rain and snow can also damage certain foods..